Hopewell Township Depository
HOPEWELL TOWNSHIP DEPOSITORY
Garbage is collected every Monday through Friday in Hopewell Township by Waste Management. Your collection day depends on which street you reside on, see the pick-up schedule below for your collection day. Please place your garbage at your curb anytime after 6:00 p.m. on Sunday. If the garbage collection day falls on a holiday then the garbage collection will be the next day. Please refer to the Garbage & Recycling Pick-up Schedule below. They can be reached at 1-800-866-4460.
Residents are not permitted to place any construction materials in their normal garbage pick-up. Construction materials are to be taken to the Hopewell Township’s depository.
The Hopewell Township Depository is located at 1955 Sohn Road. There is a mandatory annual fee of $20 for use of the Depository by any Township resident. Any Township resident wishing to use the Depository must personally go to the Municipal Building annually to obtain a photo identification card. This card must be renewed at the beginning of each calendar year. This card must be presented at the Depository each time a resident enters the Depository to deposit yard waste or construction material. Residents who are 65 years of age or older are exempt from the $20 annual fee but must obtain a one-time photo identification which will reflect their exemption and which will not require annual renewal. No person will be permitted to enter the Depository without a township photo identification card. The township retains the right to suspend, terminate, or revoke Depository privileges at any time.
Contractor materials will incur additional charges. For construction material fees, click here.
RULES AND REGULATIONS
- Stop at the Attendant’s booth before entering the Depository.
- Speed limit on premises is 5mph. Please adhere to all posted signs.
- No commercial vehicles permitted.
- No paint, tires, batteries or flammable liquids.
- No refrigerators, electronics & air conditioners will be accepted.
- Concrete products, dirt & gravel: Will be accepted.
- Compost: Grass, shrubs, bushes and tree branches up to 4 inches in diameter are accepted free of charge.
- Logs: Up to 10 inches in diameter, cut to maximum of four feet length will be accepted.
- PLASTIC BAGS ARE NOT PERMITTED and must be emptied and taken from the premises.
Your cooperation and effort to maintain a clean site is appreciated.
Depository Attendants: Ronald Morris, Benny Gianetti and Bernie Juth – 724.378.3905.
WASTE MANAGEMENTS – “THE BAGSTER”
Waste Management now offers the “Bagster – Dumpster in a Bag”. This new bag can hold up to 3300 lbs. of waste and debris. The Bagster is wonderful for renovations, remodeling, landscaping, roofing and more. Purchase the bag for $30.00 go online at www.thebagster.com or call 1.877.789.2247 to schedule and pay for pickup at your convenience.
Paper recycles may be deposited in appropriate containers at the following locations:
- Hopewell Elementary School, Kane Road
- Margaret Ross Elementary School, Maratta Road
- Our Lady of Fatima School, Brodhead Road (The Abitibi Paper Retriever bin is located all the way at the end of the school, in the back)
HOPEWELL TOWNSHIP RECYCLES
Recyclable materials are collected curbside on alternate weeks depending on your location and according to the 2016 schedule. Please refer to the Garbage & Recycling Pick-up Schedule above. Call Waste Management at 1.800.866.4460 for additional details and collection schedule. Your participation in the recycling program is mandatory by Township ordinance and Department of Environmental regulations.
Recycle your old computer at Job Training for Beaver County. Visit www.jtbc.org
Drop-off center for recycled materials:
Visit the Department of Waste Management website for detailed information regarding the services provided by Beaver County at www.depweb.state.pa.us.