Hopewell Township Community Park
HOPEWELL TOWNSHIP COMMUNITY PARK
Hopewell Community Park is located at 2500 Laird Drive, Aliquippa, PA 15001. The Park encompasses 78 acres of primarily undeveloped woodlands, fields and wetlands. Purchased in 1967, all recreation for the community is centralized at this site and is coordinated through the efforts of the Hopewell Park Board and Recreation Coordinator, under the auspices of the Board of Commissioners. The Park Board meets on the 1st Tuesday of each month at the Hopewell Township municipal building. General Directions: Route 376 West, exit at the Hopewell ramp. Bear right onto Rt. 151 Gringo Road. Route 376 East, exit the Hopewell ramp, turn left onto Rt. 151 Gringo Road. Travel East past the Hopewell Industrial Park. Approximately one mile turn left onto Kane Road. Travel Kane Road past the former Kane Road drive-in theater. Turn right at the next street, Laird Drive. Hopewell Park is on the right side. Enjoy! Click here for the 2016 Events Calendar.
- Larry Blaney Nature Center
- Four Pavilions
- Five Hiking/Fitness Trails (approx. 2.35 miles total)
- Concession Stand – Open for Special Events Only
- 2-Acre Spring Fed Stocked Lake – Fishing is Permitted
- Handicap Accessible Fishing Pier
- Picnic Areas
- Camping Areas (for authorized groups only)
- Paddleboat Rentals (upon request with advance notice)
The easily accessible lake offers fishing. Children summer programs include Camp Lakewood and Rec-on-the-Run. Other park events include the Easter Egg Hunt in April, Fishing Derby in May, Park Fest in July, Labor Day Car Cruise and Bar-B-Que, and Chili Cook Off and Blues Fest in September, Fall Fest in October, and Visit with Santa in December. Volunteers for community events are encouraged to apply.
Hopewell Community Park Pavilion Rental Day Kickoff will be held Monday, February 15, 2016 at the Municipal Building. Numbered tickets will be distributed beginning at 6:00 a.m. on a first-come, first-served basis. Reservations will be taken starting at 8:00 a.m. The first week is reserved for Hopewell Township residents only who must bring photo identification. For more information on pavilion rentals click here.
NATURE CENTER (accommodates 25)
SHARON GRANGE PLAYGROUND
In the Spring of 2010 almost $1700 was raised by area businesses and the residents of Clearview Estates and Chatam Woods. The money raised was used for adding and upgrading equipment at the playground on Sharon Grange Rd, which is owned by the Hopewell Area School District. The equipment was installed over the summer by the township, and it includes a new merry-go-round, new seats for all of the swings, and new chains that support all of the swings.
PARK BOARD: Pam Fiejdasz, Brad Batchelor, Jackie Zelechowski, John Keck, Don Wright, Joe Durinsky, Janice Gibson, and Scott Neville
PARK BOARD MEETINGS: Meetings are at 6:00 p.m. on the first Tuesday of each month.
PARK MAINTENANCE: Carl Wagner – Supervisor Staff, Lester Brougher II, and Greg Prodonovich
For information regarding community recreational sports and community pools visit the following web sites: Hopewell Baseball , Hopewell Youth Football, Hopewell Soccer, The Club at Shadow Lakes, Hopewell Girls Softball, Treehaven Pool, and Clearview Swimming Pool. Membership is available to anyone who applies and is accepted.
PARK RULES AND REGULATIONS
- Park hours are 8:00 a.m. to 10:00 p.m. – Winter 8:00 a.m. until dusk
- No bench or table is to be changed or removed without township approval.
- Do not deface, injure, remove, cut or damage any of the trees, plants, shrubs, turf, buildings or fixtures.
- Do not annoy others in the park.
- No persons or group totaling 10 or more can gather in a park pavilion without a township permit.
- Use of shelters by permit only. Each permit requires a deposit and rental fee.
- ALCOHOLIC BEVERAGES are RESTRICTED. Alcohol may be consumed if the following conditions are met: More food than alcohol is present. Consumption of alcohol by underage persons is illegal and strictly prohibited.
- The exclusive use of alcohol is not permitted in the park.
- Do not set up a booth, table or stand for the sale of any articles without written township consent.
- No dumping of garbage, waste or litter in the park.
- Do not deface any posted notice or regulation.
- Do not place any notice or placard without township approval.
- No open fires permitted. Fires only made in stoves or special fireplaces provided. Charcoal or wood fires only. Do not use park wood.
- No discharging of firearms, archery or other propelled devices in the park.
- No hunting or trapping on park property.
- No unlicensed vehicle, all-terrain vehicle or motorcycle or dirt bike in the park.
- Do not bring pets into the park.
- No swimming, skating or boating in or on the park lake, unless approved by the Township.
- No sledding in the park.
- Do not exceed the 5mph park speed limit. Do not park in the grass or along the park road areas.
- Do not climb, sit, stand or walk on any tree, sign, building or other park structures.
- No tents, shacks, shelters, trailers or other overnight camping structures permitted unless approved by the Township.
- No hobby devices in the park unless approved by the township.
- No “live bait” fishing.
- No inflatable or playground apparatus, petting zoo or live animals will be permitted without approval of the Township management.
VIOLATIONS: Violations of any of the above rules and regulations shall result, upon conviction, of a fine up to $300.00 and costs of prosecution for each and every offense.
NOTICE: Please call the Hopewell Township Police Department or the Park Caretaker if you see any violation. Your help and concern will make our Community Park a better place to visit and enjoy.
PERMIT INFORMATION: All permits required by this ordinance must be posted at specific confines at the park. For a permit or information call the Hopewell Township Municipal Building at 724.378.1460 between the hours of 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., Monday thru Friday.
PARK INFORMATION & FORMS