We are pleased to inform you that Valley Waste Service, Inc. has been awarded the 3-year contract to provide residential solid waste disposal services to The Township of Hopewell. The contract is effective January 1, 2020 through December 31, 2022. Service under this contract is mandatory for all residents of single family dwellings, duplexes, triplexes and apartment buildings with 4 units or less.
Valley Waste is a local family-owned company which has been proudly serving area residents for many years. The Customer Service Department is available Monday through Friday 8am – 4:30pm. You may contact them at 724-843-9373 choosing option 1, by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or visit the website at www.valleywasteservice.com.
Residents are not permitted to place any construction materials in their normal garbage pick-up. Construction materials are to be taken to the Hopewell Township’s depository.
Using the Depository
There is a mandatory annual fee of $20 for use of the depository by any township resident. Any township resident wishing to use the depository must personally go to the municipal building annually to obtain a photo identification card. This card must be renewed at the beginning of each calendar year. This card must be presented at the gate each time a resident enters the depository to deposit yard waste or construction material.
Residents who are 65 years of age or older are exempt from the $20 annual fee but must obtain a one-time photo identification which will reflect their exemption and which will not require annual renewal. No person will be permitted to enter the depository without a township photo identification card. The township retains the right to suspend, terminate, or revoke depository privileges at any time.
Permits can be obtained at the municipal building Monday through Friday from 8:30am to 4:30pm except on Holidays.
Contractor materials will incur additional charges. View construction material fees (PDF).
Rules & Regulations
- Stop at the attendant’s booth before entering the depository.
- Speed limit on premises is 5mph. Please adhere to all posted signs.
- No commercial vehicles permitted.
- No paint, tires, batteries or flammable liquids.
- No refrigerators, electronics and air conditioners will be accepted.
- Concrete products, dirt and gravel: Will be accepted.
- Compost: grass, shrubs, bushes and tree branches up to 4 inches in diameter are accepted free of charge.
- Logs: Up to 10 inches in diameter, cut to maximum of four feet length will be accepted.
- Plastic bags are not permitted and must be emptied and taken from the premises.
Your cooperation and effort to maintain a clean site is appreciated.